The following is a letter from Mayor Duff:
At a special Meeting of the Geneseo Village Board of Trustees on March 17, 2020, the board agreed to the following actions to minimize the impact of COVID-19 , also known as novel coronavirus:
- The Village has declared a State of Emergency starting 8:00 am Wednesday, March 18, 2020 through 8:00 am Monday, March 23, 2020 so the Mayor has the ability to take necessary steps to protect the community.
- The Village Offices and Town and Village Courts are closed.
- If you have something to turn in, please mail it to 119 Main Street, Geneseo, NY
- Most forms are available online on the Town and Village website geneseony.org
- Because of the doors being locked, any late fees assessed after March 16, 2020 until we are back in full business mode will be forgiven.
- You can still call the Village Office at 243-1177 and leave a message on the appropriate extension. We can all access those remotely.
- Any groups who have reserved any Parks, your event will be cancelled. This is in place through May to be reassessed April 20, 2020.
- All bathrooms in the parks are closed. If you have an outstanding key, it will no longer work, the locks to the Depot and bathrooms are being changed.
- Board meetings:
- We are working on a way to do our meetings on a You Tube channel or some other streaming process so taxpayers can view in real time. Watch the Town/Village website for details.
- The Public Hearing for the Cat Code has been postponed until May 4, 2020, subject to change depending on the situation. This is so that the meeting can be in person to allow people wanting to speak that opportunity.
- The four codes that are being modified to eliminate “or 15 days in jail” as part of penalties, will still be held on March 23 through streaming. If you have comments, you are welcome to mail those in advance also.
- At this time, the regularly scheduled mtgs. In April will occur as planned through streaming. Watch for updates on the website.
- We ask that all residents respect and observe the Governor’s Executive order regarding group sizes on both public and private property.
- Please follow all CDC guidelines for keeping yourself and others safe. Think and act as if you have the virus and do not want to spread it.
- The Livingston County Department of Health has created a website with resources for the public. livingstoncounty.us/1207/COVID-19
Geneseo is a community full of people that take care of each other. This is a moment where we can deepen and develop those relationships in ways we haven’t before. The Geneseo Village Board of Trustees believe in the ways we can care for one another and grow together in this hard time is to listen to the recommendations of the experts.
Mayor Village of Geneseo