Reading this on your phone or tablet? Download our new app on Google Play and the Apple store.
SPARTA – Investigators have identified the man who tragically died in a house fire on Reeds Corners Road the night of Thursday, April 16.
Livingston County Director of Emergency Management Kevin Niedermaier says that the victim is Jason Fronk, 39, who died of smoke inhalation with his dog after the fire was started by an extension cord under the carpet and spread to destroy the entire historic home.
“This death is very tragic,” said Niedermaier. “This does provide some closure for the family and for all.”
The house is known to be over 130 years old and was at one time the first schoolhouse in the area.
PHOTO CAPTION: (Photo/news partners 13WHAM)