Amazing Property in Lakeville! 5707 Big Tree Rd
Steuben County Issued a reminder of NYS law that applies to anyone traveling outside of our borders. Anyone who travels beyond a contiguous state to New York for at least 24 hours is required to abide by the guidelines:
- Within three days (72 hours) prior to returning to NY, a COVID test must be completed
- Upon return to NY, travelers must quarantine at home for three days
- On the fourth day, another COVID test must be completed
- If both COVID tests are negative, the traveler may end quarantine
- If only one COVID test or no COVID tests are completed, travelers must complete a 10 day quarantine upon returning to NY
“COVID spread is the lowest we’ve seen in months in Steuben County,” said Public Health Director, Darlene Smith. “We appreciate our residents continuing to take steps to keep the spread low and protect our community by following the travel guidelines.”
Those who have tested positive for COVID within 90 days prior to travel are exempt from the testing requirements. Those who have received one or both doses of a COVID vaccine must still abide by the travel guidelines.
All residents should continue to monitor themselves for COVID-19 symptoms of fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills or repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, and new loss of taste or smell and contact their healthcare provider for instructions if feeling ill.