BROCKPORT – The SUNY Geneseo Track and Fields teams defended their titles at the SUNYAC Conference Championships this weekend.
The teams came out on top, dominating the competition.
Unable to find marketplace offers.
“The women’s team was absolutely dominant,” said Assistant Coach Dan Moore. “On the men’s side, it was an exciting finish. In the end, the Geneseo men prevailed through a refusal to lose, and gave it their absolute best.”
Some of the many great performances from the weekend below!
- Laura Piazza won the Pole Vault.
- The Women swept the Pentathalon, with Madeline Hammer winning, Erin MacDougall taking second, Julianna Lauricella placing third, and Alexa LaPierre grabbing the fourth spot.
- The Women also dominated the 5000 Meter Run, with Genney Corcoran, Taylor Rettig, and Laura Barreca taking 1st, 2nd, 3rd respectively. Kristen Homeyer took fourth, and Elise Ramirez took fifth for the Knights.
- The Women’s Distance Medley Relay took second.
- Shayna Held won the 60 Meter Hurdles, with Hannah Madden taking second.
- The Women swept the Mile run, with Allie Fernandez winning. Dana Cebulski took second, and was followed by Emily Pomainville (3), Brooke Madry(4), and Carissa DiTullio(5).
- Lauren Bamford won the 400 Meter Dash.
- Kristen Homeyer won the 3000 Meter run, followed by Elise Ramirez (2), Allie Fernandez (3), Taylor Rettig (4), and Genny Corcoran (5).
- The women won the 4×400 Meter Relay.
- The Men had an excellent showing, as Alfredo Mazzuca won the 5000 Meter Run, with Alex Burks taking second. Jackson Tate took fourth in the event, with Connor Pulvidente taking fifth.
- Luke Holtzman won the Mile.
- Gillan Faulkner won the 800 Meter Dash, with Brndan Murphy taking second.
- Issac Garcia-Cassani led the Knights in the 3000 Meter Run with the win. He was followed by Matt Jorgenson (2), Alex Burks (3), Alfredo Mazzuca (4), and Jackson Tate (5).
- The Men won the 4×400 Meter Relay.
Full results can be found here!
The teams will next compete at the NCAA All Atlantic Region T&F Conference Championship, held March 2 and 3. The meet will be held at Ithaca College’s A&E Center.