GENEVA OH – The SUNY Geneseo Track and Field teams competed at the SPIRE Invitational this weekend.
The Women won the meet, with the Men turning in a fourth place performance.
“It has been a rough start to the season” said Assistant Coach Dan Moore, citing the bitterly cold temperatures, and the flu going around as obstacles. “Over coming obstacles and enduring through adversity will hopefully lead to bigger and better things to come this season.”
Some quick takes:
- Sarah Bronk took 3rd in the Pole Vault.
- Erin MacDougall and Shayna Held went 2, 3, respectively in the Women’s 60 Meter Hurdles.
- Camille Wutz took first, and Jenna Strickland took third in the Women’s 60 Meter Dash.
- Kayla Barber, Laura Zopf, and Shannon Haggerty went 2, 3, 4 respectively in the Women’s 400 Meter Dash.
- Shayna Held, Erin MacDougall, and Camille Wutz took 2, 3, 4 respectively in the Women’s 200 Meter Dash.
- The Women also swept the 3000 Meter Run, with Kristen Homeyer (1), Elise Ramirez (2), Aparna Alavilli (3).
- Kevin Palmisano took 3rd in the Pole Vault.
- Amman Weaver took second place in the Men’s 60 Meter Dash.
- Ryan Dwyer took second in the Men’s 200 Meter Dash.
- Luke Holtzman took second in the Men’s 3000 Meter Run.
For full results, check here!
The teams will next compete at the Cornell Kane Invitational, taking place Saturday, Jan. 27.