ITHACA NY – The SUNY Geneseo Track and Fields teams traveled to Ithaca to compete in the Ithaca Bomber Invitational.
Amazing Property in Lakeville! 5707 Big Tree Rd
The teams turned in a number of impressive performances as they continue to gear up for the later season meets.
“This was a big step in the direction we as a team want to go,” said Assistant Coach Dan Moore. “The energy and excitement leading up to the SUNYAC Conference Championship is building.”
Check out the quick takes below!
- Jake Converse took third in the Heptathlon with 4820 points. This secured him a top 10 spot in the D3 National list!
- The Men won the Distance Medley Relay in a time of 10:18.78.
- Gillan Faulkner, and Lorenzo Mazzuca took third and sixth respectively in the 800 Meter run.
- The Men swept the 1000 Meter run, with James Martin (1st), John Ripa (2nd), and Luke Holtzman (3rd).
- The Women dominated the Pentathlon, with Shayna Held winning the event, Madeline Hammer taking second, and Erin MacDougall taking third place.
- Kayla Barber, and Laura Zopf took third, and fifth respectively in the 400 Meter Dash.
- Camille Wutz took fourth in the 60 Meter Dash.
- Allie Fernandez won the 3000 Meter run, with Genny Corcoran taking second place.
The teams will compete again February 9th and 10th in Boston at the Valentine Invitational. Make sure to check back for more updates!