BOSTON, MA – The SUNY Geneseo Track and Fields teams made the journey out to Boston to compete at the Valentine Invitational.
The teams turned in outstanding performances, taking down a number of school records.
“This was a great weekend for the program” said Assistant Coach Dan Moore. “There were school records set, numerous top 10 program performances, and season/lifetime records achieved. The team is excited for the conference championship, and they have every right to feel that way, especially how it is all coming together.”
- Jenna Strickland nabbed a 200 Meter Dash School Record with a time of 26.12. Hannah Madden followed closely, running a 26.17.
- Kristen Homeyer, and Elise Ramirez ran excellent in the 3000 Meter race, running times of 10:03.94, and 10:11.42 respectively.
- The Women’s 4×00 Meter Relay turned in a sub 4 performance, running 3:56.34.
- Gillan Faulkner took down the School Record in the Men’s 1000 Meter Dash, running 2:27.95.
- Lukas D’Alfonso broke the school’s Indoor 400 Meter record, with a 48.64 performance.
- The Knight’s turned up the heat in the Men’s Mile Run, with Luke Holtzman running 4:13.38, and John Ripa running 4:14.63
- The Men’s 4×400 Meter team broke the school record, running 3:19.39.
- Alex Burks Ran 8:26.22 in the 3000 Meter Run, the second fastest time in the program’s history.
The teams will next compete at the Brockport Invitational on Saturday, February 17th.