Amazing Property in Lakeville! 5707 Big Tree Rd
The Steuben County Public Health Department received notification that four additional Steuben County residents tested positive for COVID-19. This brings the total to 265 confirmed cases. The individuals are residents of the:
- Town of Bath
- Town of Cohocton
- Town of Fremont
- Village of Bath
The individuals are isolated and being monitored by the County Health Department. Public Health staff investigated and identified close contacts of the confirmed case and exposure risks. All those known to have direct contact with the individual have been notified.
Per CDC and New York State Department of Health guidance, information is collected beginning 48 hours prior to symptom onset, or date of test if asymptomatic, through the day of the positive test result. The investigations indicate the individuals visited the following locations within the timeframe of 5/25 – 6/1 :
- 5/25/20, 5/30/20 – 6/2/20 – Fred & Harriett Taylor Health Center in Bath
- 5/27/20 Late Afternoon – Walmart in Painted Post
- 5/29/20 Midday – Dollar General in Dansville
- 5/29/20 Midday – Save a Lot in Dansville
- 5/29/20 Midday – Dollar General in Cohocton
- 5/29/20 Evening – Walmart in Painted Post
- 5/29/20 Evening – Pizza Deelite in Bath
- 5/31/20 – Absolut Care of Three Rivers in Painted Post
- 5/31/20 Afternoon – Skate Park in Bath
- 6/1/20 Afternoon – Sam’s Club in Big Flats
- 6/1/20 Evening – Burger King in Bath
- 6/1/20 – 6/2/20 – Bath VA
“We are not shocked to see new cases come in this week,” said Public Health Director, Darlene Smith. “As more people get tested, we will see more positive test results. As people start to congregate and loosen up on prevention practices, we will see more community spread. Please remember that COVID-19 is still in the community and continue to take steps to prevent the further spread, thereby protecting the most vulnerable populations.”
All residents should continue to monitor themselves for COVID-19 symptoms of fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills or repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, and new loss of taste or smell and contact their healthcare provider for instructions if feeling ill.
For the latest Steuben County updates, visit Steuben County’s website at www.steubencony.org or social media pages: www.facebook.com/SCNYPublicHealth and www.instagram.com/SteubenPublicHealth.