After Nearly 3 Dozen Cop Killers Released by Cuomo-Hochul Administrations Congressman Lee Zeldin (R, NY-1), the Republican Party and Conservative Party Nominee for Governor, Congresswoman Nicole Malliotakis (NY-11), and Republican and Conservative Party Nominee for Lieutenant Governor Alison Esposito, joined representatives of New York Police Department (NYPD) unions and local elected officials in front of the NYPD’s 122nd Precinct, 2320 Hylan Blvd, Staten Island, to slam the Cuomo-Hochul administrations’ release of nearly three dozen murderers of police officers since 2017.
Congressman Zeldin is advocating for an overhaul of the New York State Parole Board, proposing the following reforms to be implemented once he takes office as New York’s next Governor:
- Require unanimous decisions by Parole Commissioners when granting parole
- Replace members of the Parole Board who have expressed poor judgment
- Require consideration of 3rd party testimony from victims and victims’ families
- Enhance notification of Parole Board hearings
- Establish a process for victims and victims’ families to appeal parole decisions
- Require Composition of Board of Parole Commissioners to be fairly structured, including victims advocates and law enforcement
Congressman Zeldin’s proposals are part of his Secure Our Streets Plan for New York, which can be viewed at ZeldinForNewYork.Com/SecureOurStreets.