LIVINGSTON COUNTY — The Patriot Guard Riders of New York will escort the unclaimed remains of twelve United States Veterans to their final resting place.
On Friday, September 6, the Patriot Guard Riders will escort United States Veterans from Buffalo and Rochester to the Bath National Cemetery.
The following Veterans will be interred with full military honors:
- Pvt. Joseph Gunther, Army, WWI
- Lt. Robert A. Lehmer, Navy, WWII
- SSgt. Robert O. Willsey, Army, WWII
- Cpl. Irving R. Markowitz, Army, WWII
- SSgt. Samual R. Panato, Army, WWII
- PFC Robert N. Edward, Army, WWII
- A3C Kenneth R. Hampton, Air Force, Korea
- Pvt. Oliver Weinsheimer, Air Force, Korea
- Capt. George L. Hirvonen, Army, Vietnam
- A2C David Zoeller, Air Force, Vietnam
- RM3 Clarence L. Hodges, Navy, Vietnam
- AMN Ernest Jackson, Air Force, Vietnam
Both of the contingents from Buffalo and Rochester will meet at the Livingston County Highway Department at Hampton Corners.
The full escort will leave Hampton Corners promptly at 11:30 a.m.and will head south through the Village of Mount Morris on Route 36.
The escort will travel through Sonyea and Dansville to provide the Dansville community an opportunity to honor and support these Veterans.
For more information please contact Don Higgins Ride Captain, PGRNY Region-1 at 585-739-6798.