Livonia Central School District will hold a ribbon-cutting ceremony on Monday, August 26, 2019 to celebrate the completion of the Connell Building pickleball/basketball/tennis courts, pond and its adjoining trails, and box turf field. All the facilities were upgraded and improved to create new school and community use campus spaces.
The public is invited to attend the ribbon-cutting ceremonies, which will take place on Monday evening.
● 5:00 p.m. Ribbon-cutting at the Connell Building Pickleball/Basketball/Tennis Courts (40 Spring Street)
● 5:15 p.m. Ribbon-cutting at the Pond and adjoining trails (access from High School Parking Lot, 2 Bulldog Blvd. – ponds near Myers Community Field)
● 5:30 p.m. Ribbon-cutting at the Box Turf Field (High School Parking Lot, 2 Bulldog Boulevard)
Details of the projects include:
Connell Building Pickleball/Basketball/Tennis Courts
● Resurfaced and installed 4 courts plus basketball, custom painted, installed new nets
● Removed vines and debris from fencing
● Refurbished nearby storage shed
Pond and adjoining trails
● Established retention ponds for the tennis courts and playing fields
● Created a space for outdoor learning in the Science and Physical Education content areas
● Expanded Cross Country track course options.
Box Turf Field
● Removed old tennis courts
● Installed custom-designed outdoor turf to provide a multi-sport practice area for athletic teams and
employee/community wellness programs.
● Installed soccer and lacrosse goals for team practices