Livingston County reported today that Governor Cuomo announced an Executive Order mandating that the NYS Board of Elections automatically mail every New Yorker a postage-paid application for an absentee ballot. The Governor also announced that the State Health Department will partner with Attorney General James to investigate nursing home violations.
Two additional cases were reported bringing Then next round of drive-thru food distribution events scheduled for April 29 and May 2 in Response to COVID-19 Pandemic. Visit https://tinyurl.com/y85xg3k9 or call 585-243-7110 to register.
• Limited COVID-19 testing is available for Livingston County residents at curbside testing locations. If you have a fever and/or a cough and want to get tested, call the Livingston County Department of Health at 243-7299 or call your doctor.
o Please note that this is not an antibody test, which is a blood test that looks for antibodies that are created in your body after you have had COVID-19.
• Governor Cuomo announced that the state will make reopening decisions regionally within the state. This plan is called “Reimagine NY.”
o Former Lieutenant Governor Bob Duffy will head/advise the reopening efforts in the Finger Lakes Region.
• Curbside testing is now available in Livingston County in partnership with UR Medicine|Noyes Health. If you have symptoms, please call your Doctor first. If you do not have a Doctor, call the Livingston County Department of Health at 243-7270.
• Livingston County Mental Health has created a help line for community members who need someone to talk to during these stressful times. This is free and confidential. Please call 243-7251 Monday through Friday from 9:00 am -5:00 pm.
• For more information on local resources please visit 211lifeline.org, call 2-1-1 or access the COVID-19 community support map at www.thelcn.com