MOUNT MORRIS – A fundraising page has been started for Main Street homeowners Smidge and Bob Stevens, whose home was badly damaged by a porch fire Tuesday night.
Though neither Smidge nor Bob were injured in the blaze, the fundraiser page says the couple needs some help on the road to recovery.
“Smidge and Bob Stevens has (sic) a tragic house fire on 1/6/15 leaving their home uninhabitable,” says the GoFundMe page. “This fund is to help them with what insurance doesn’t cover. It is our turn to help them like they have helped so many.”
The home is considered uninhabitable, and the American Red Cross has since been assisting the victims.
The page, started at about 8 A.M. Wednesday, has raised $300 towards their goal of $5,000 in the past four hours.
PHOTO CAPTION: Firefighters on scene at the damaged house. (Photo/GoFundMe.com)