READING THIS ON YOUR PHONE OR TABLET? BE SURE TO DOWNLOAD OUR APP!
CALEDONIA — One teen obviously wasn’t paying attention when taught not to play with lighters as they were sent to the hospital while goofing around with one and accidentally swallowing it.
The 17-year-old, who was visiting a friend at North Meadow Drive, was apparently horsing around with the pocket torch when their buddy had to call E911. The lighter was apparently lodged in the teens throat where the victim was then transported to the hospital for treatment.
Caledonia Police Chief Daniel Chapman confirmed the incident and stated that at this time the situation is not life threatening.
PHOTO CREDIT: Flickr.com/viZZZual.com