On Monday, May 2, 2022, at 9:20 PM the Geneseo Fire Department was dispatched to a reported shed fire at 4815 Lakeville-Groveland Road in the Town of Geneseo. First arriving units from the fire department and Livingston County Sheriff’s Office found a one-story farm shop well involved in fire with a large barn and several vehicles nearby.
The address location is not serviced by fire hydrants therefore tankers had to be used to supply water. Departments assisting included Livonia, Lakeville, Cuylerville, York and Mt. Morris. Livingston County EMS and Emergency Management Services also assisted at the scene.
The wood frame building was a total loss. Also destroyed was a farm dump truck and three antique tractors inside the building. The fire was brought under control within 40 minutes.
The cause of the fire was determined to be a malfunction with the heating unit for the shop. There were no injuries.