GENESEO — Highland Park has a new addition: a public dog park for dogs and their owners to enjoy.
The park, located at the front left of Highland Park, is open from 8 a.m. until sunset. A list of rules and regulations is posted outside the park.
The sign reads:
• Dog owners who use the park are responsible and liable for the actions and behavior of their dogs at all times, including damage or injury caused by their dogs.
• All dogs in the park must wear a valid license and all dogs must be accompanied by an adult over 18.
• There is a limit of two dogs per one adult.
• Dogs must be leashed outside of the dog park.
• No puppies younger than 6 months old in the park.
• No children under age 10 allowed in the dog park; all children must be with an adult.
• Owners must clean up after their dogs. Waste bags are provided.
• Dogs must be removed from the park at the first sign of aggression.
• Female dogs in heat are not allowed in the dog park.
• No food or treats are allowed.
• Park may be closed for maintenance without notice.
• Dogs must be accompanied at all times. A leash must be available and ready for use if needed.
• Excessive barking, howling, etc that disturbs the peace is not allowed.
• No smoking, food, glass containers or alcohol in the park.
• Dogs are not to dig holes or engage in any other activity that may create a safety hazard.