CALEDONIA – A vacant residence on Mill Street was rendered uninhabitable by fire Tuesday morning, by what investigators have apparently concluded was an electrical fire.
Tom Fisher, 70, who says he moved out of 3084 Mill St. in November, seemed puzzled how such a fire could have started.
“They told me it was an electrical fire,” said Fisher. “But I moved out in November. I moved in after the owner Rickie Smith died a few years ago. I work as a cook at the Country Club, see? And my buddy asked me to cook full time and keep an eye on the Country Club, so I moved out. I still get my mail here and everything. I have no idea how this could have happened.”
However, Fisher arrived on scene asking to retrieve his items and property from the burned house, including, food from a large freezer that was still inside the house.
No one was injured during the fire or while firefighters extinguished the blaze. Steam continued to rise from the shattered windows as crews boarded up the house into the afternoon.
PHOTO CAPTION: (Photos/Conrad Baker)