The lower floor of the building where Livingston County Appliance is as well as the dryers for the student apartments was filled with smoke as first responders arrived. The Geneseo Fire Department quickly responded to the building, located at 45 Main Street, and gained control of the smoke filled building, ensuring that the fire did not spread.
“I was smelling something weird so I called Mark, that’s when our next door neighbors knocked on our door asking if we smelled something too. I went to check out what was going on,” said Mikayla Dibelka, resident of 45 Main Street. “I opened the dryer downstairs and grey smoke was coming out of it and then Mickey called the Fire Department.”
Investigation as to how the fire started is still ongoing. No one was hurt in the fire, however, one resident did leave the building by the back roof of the building as the fire was located at the base of the stairwell leading outside.
PHOTO’S BY VICTORIA DuBON