LIVONIA – A structure fire in a Livonia apartment Monday evening had first responders and neighbors alike filling the parking lot off of Big Tree Road to assess damage and make sure everyone was safe.
According to a neighbor, who wished not to be identified, something caught fire in the kitchen of apartment 1109 of the Lake Glen Apartment complex at approximately 7p.m., and multiple children had to be evacuated from the building.
“I went up to the building and opened the door, and there were kids in the hallway,” said the neighbor, “but they all got out. Then Jason, the resident, started spraying the fire with the sink hose, which pretty much put it out.”
Reports of another child being trapped inside made Fire and EMS crews extremely cautious at first, but it quickly became apparent that everyone was safe and damage was minimal.
Any damage to the apartment seemed to be mostly caused by smoke. After firefighters secured the residents and investigated the kitchen, they retrieved several heat-sensitive items, like laptops, for the residents to check over for damage.
On scene were multiple Livingston County Fire and EMS crews, including Livonia Fire and EMS, and Livingston County Sheriff Deputies.