Geneseo Fire & EMS were dispatched at 12:55 AM today by the Livingston County 911 Center for a reported porch fire at 60 Westview Crescent in the Village.
Amazing Property in Lakeville! 5707 Big Tree Rd
First arriving Geneseo Police officers found a house well involved in fire. Officers found both of the home’s occupants had exited the home to its rear deck with their dog.
It took firefighters an hour to bring the fire under control. The home and attached garage were a total loss. A vehicle in the driveway was moved by firefighters preventing damage, while a second vehicle suffered minor damage. One neighboring home suffered heat damage to its siding. The home’s occupants were evacuated but were able to return after the fire was brought under control.
The cause of the fire was determined to be a malfunction of an electric heat pad used for outdoor animals. The heat pad was inside a small animal shelter on the front porch.
Both of the home’s occupants were checked by EMS crews on scene and released.
Geneseo firefighters were assisted at the scene by departments from; Avon, Mt. Morris, Livonia, Livingston County Emergency Management and Livingston Co. Emergency Medical Services.
No injuries were reported.
Photo courtesy of Chief Andrew Chandler