GENESEO — Geneseo Firefighters quickly responded to the report of smoke coming from an attic home.
According to a press release from Geneseo Fire Chief Andrew Chanler, upon arrival firefighters were able to extinguish the fire before it spread into the home located at 4756 Reservoir Rd. limiting the damage to one room.
Wiring in the attic that had developed a short circuit was determined to be the cause of the fire by Livingston County Deputy Fire Coordinator Tom McGory.
The home owner was able to safely exit with all of her pets.