DANSVILLE – Dansville firefighters put out a fire that could have seriously damaged a home on Rte. 436 (Nunda-Dansville Road) on Tuesday.
First responders on scene said that a clothes dryer caught fire, creating smoke and threatening to spread to the rest of the house.
Firefighters arrived at about 2:25 p.m. and quickly knocked the fire down with hose water. Firefighters then hauled the destroyed dryer onto the lawn, where they disassembled and inspected it.
A bit of smoke and water damage was all that the home had to suffer.
WATCH EXCLUSIVE FOOTAGE FROM THE SCENE BELOW
Dansville Ambulance stood by as firefighters controlled the scene, but fortunately, no one was injured.
The Livingston County Sheriff’s Office and Office of Emergency Management also investigated, and Nunda firefighters joined Dansville as mutual assistance.