According to a press release from Livingston County Sheriff John York, Deputy Timothy Sweeting, responded to a 911 call for a fire where he found the resident trapped.
Deputy Sweeting was able to gain entry to the garage where he found a nearby ladder, where he rescued the resident Diane Vonglis.
The fire was determined to be the kitchen stove which was in self cleaning mode and had caught fire during the process.
Vonglis was transported to Strong Memorial Hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation. The home sustained fire damage to the kitchen and smoke damage to the entire structure.
Assisting in the investigation were Sergeant Bradley Schneider, Deputy Timothy Sweeting, Deputy William Clarke and Deputy Brandan Flickner. Fire companies from Avon, East Avon, Livonia and Caledonia responded to the scene as well as the Avon Ambulance and an ALS unit as well as the Livingston County Fire Coordinator’s Office.