LIVINGSTON COUNTY – Adam Bucci had another tough day in court on Thursday as he tried feebly to take back his guilty plea to felony Criminal Contempt in the First Degree, for repeatedly calling and texting his girlfriend and mother of his child, who filed multiple orders of protection against him in 2013.
Bucci, 28, pled guilty to Criminal Contempt in the First Degree and in the Second Degree in November, two days before the first of two trials on the matter, but was heard on his motion to withdraw his plea on Thursday and proceed as if he had not admitted to any charges.
“Mr. Bucci had been advised of all consequences of his plea,” said Assistant District Attorney Victor Rowcliffe in response to the motion. “His two attorneys went over this with him thoroughly.”
However, Bucci’s public defender, Ann Connor, said on his behalf that he did not fully understand his constitutional right to a trial.
The judge was not sympathetic, however, and denied him the motion, saying that the plea was entered two days before the scheduled trial and recorded statements by both of his attorneys make it clear that he did not feel forced or pressured into that decision.
Bucci is set to be sentenced in January, with a possible sentence of 1 to 3 years in state prison.
PHOTO CAPTION: Adam Bucci. Photo courtesy of the Livingston County Sheriff’s Office.