Chimney Fire Ruins Hand-Built Livonia Home

LIVONIA – A Livonia homeowner is without the home that he built himself on Livonia Center Road. John Freestone says that the fire started in the chimney to the coal stove. He tried fighting the flames himself until they got out of hand at about 10:40 a.m. "The fire started in the tar around the chimney and spread into the roof," said Freestone. "I couldn't get to it with the handheld extinguisher. At that point, I knew it was time to call. … [Read more...]